Story of Elevate, How a Developer Became a Forging Delegate
Elevate is an independent forging delegate, currently in position 100. He launched his candidacy in late 2017 and few months ago started to forge his first block. He shares 30% of the forging reward with voters, he is supported by Elite group and is part of the Lisk Builders team.
We have now the chance to know more about his activities and thought about Lisk ecosystem.
1) First of all, can tell us something about you and your background?
2) When and how did you hear about cryptocurrencies and Lisk? When did you start to contribute to this ecosystem?
3) Which potentiality did you see in Lisk? Is your opinion still unchanged?
4) Some of the applications that you developed are Mobile Hub for Lisk, Lisk Pending, Lisk Avatar and Telegram Bot. Which is your favourite one and why?
I’m proud of all of them. Mobile Hub for Lisk was a quite cool technical challenge and I even had some talks with LiskHQ team to give them insights for transaction signing using React Native. The mobile app has over 100+ active users and I’m serving a ton of push notifications every day.
5) Why did you decide to become a candidate delegate?
I got a lot of good feedback and support from other delegates and people for the tools I’ve created. I thought maybe I could have reached a forging position in few years; maybe someone would have recognized my work and voted for me. After the decision was made, it took me some days to finally come up with a good name for my delegate. ‘Elevate‘ was born on 2017-11-22.
6) What is your opinion about the current delegate voting system? Do you think it needs to be improved?
I definitely think that the current system should be changed. I’ve read many suggestions and thought a lot about it, but I didn’t found out a good “solution” yet. I think votes should expire & the voting operation must be cheaper, because people need to actively vote more.