Lisk week in Review – 2
Many news came up this week, but the most important one was the LiskJS event, planned since months. Featuring also: Lisk Builders Program, LSK listed on Kraken, List of existing PoC apps and delegates’ overview.
The event, held on 19th November, was divided in two parts: in the early afternoon attendees joined a Lisk.bike Workshop and then had the chance to apply the Lisk SDK to a real-world blockchain use-case. Everyone who did the workshop got a free Raspberry Pi and some sensors. Then, the coding challenges awarded the top 3 projects. Francesco, Sander and 1st place winner Jonathan received each a smart backpack and total value of €2,500 in LSK tokens.
The guys behind the #LiskBike proof-of-concept are running their own workshops – teaching our attendees how to create a #blockchain-based bike rental system. Check them out here: https://t.co/ISjJ15QZMq#LiskJS2019 pic.twitter.com/PvL7cxSkSF
— Lisk (@LiskHQ) November 19, 2019
“Thanks everybody for the great event, great vibe, lots of developers and certainly something to repeat. Really feels like the beginning of a next phase”
Jurre, Moosty team
“Lisk.js was fantastic. This community has been through some hard times in the past but it’s only strengthened our bonds. From community to HQ staff, it’s been an honor and a joy to work along side you. Let’s keep it going my friends!”
“Yesterday’s lisk.js event was great! Looking forward to the event next year. Nice to have met and talked to so many cool people at HQ and community.”
“I met people who traveled from Italy, France, Spain, America, Brasil, the Netherlands, Poland and of course Germany.”
Stellardynamic, part of Sidechain Solutions, revealed Chronicler, a new Lisk-focused project. There will be an airdrop for all Lisk holders participating in voting and a portion of the Moracle tokens will be addressed to Stellardynamic voters. Full report is expected to be released on Monday.
Other presentations from LiskHQ revealed the next goals : full research focus on interoperability, a better fee system and a new consensus algorithm, simplify the purchase of LSK within wallets, Lisk Builders Program and a Lisk Center Berlin in 2020. (source: Lisk Highlights and GNY)
That’s a wrap! ? The first #LiskJS2019 event is over. We would like to thank all that made this a day to remember. ?
Keep an eye out on the event recap and subscribe to our YouTube for #blockchain presentation uploads: https://t.co/U5wufvPd3B pic.twitter.com/4h3YK4LFA1
— Lisk (@LiskHQ) November 19, 2019
Lisk Builders Program
LiskHQ is planning to fund applications built with the Lisk SDK: 5,000 CHF per month dedicated to Proof of concepts, to foster innovation and creativity with the Lisk SDK. Participants maintain full ownership over their submissions and can enter the program multiple times. (source: Lisk Highlights and GNY)
LSK listed on Kraken
Trading pairs are LSK/USD, LSK/EUR, LSK/BTC, LSK/ETH. LSK will be available for the following services: Kraken, Kraken Pro, OTC. Not (yet) available: Kraken Futures, Margin Trading. More info about the listing can be found here. This is the first gateway for direct and instant exchange with fiat currencies. The reported volumes put Kraken’s pairs out of top 10 list, with about €37,000 traded against Euro and Bitcoin.
List of existing PoC apps
– Lisk Chainstory https://chainstory.art/about made by https://github.com/sdrpa
– Lisk DEX created by : jondubois (ex-lightcurve developer) https://github.com/jondubois/lisk-dex#dex-protocol
– Lisk Bills created by : lightcurve https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-sdk-examples/tree/development/invoice
– Lisk Cashback created by : lightcurve https://lisk.io/documentation/lisk-sdk/tutorials/cashback.html https://github.com/LiskHQ/lisk-sdk-examples/tree/development/cashback
– Bdonor created by : cc001 https://bdonor.io/screenshots/
– Lisk Roulette created by moosty https://roulette.delegate.moosty.com/ https://medium.com/@Moosty/lisk-roulette-poc-blockchain-application-72beaf3562e0 https://github.com/corbifex/lisk-roulette
– Lisk Inviter (events creator & tracker) created by : sidechain solutions & lemii http://lisk-inviter.sidechainsolutions.io/ https://sidechainsolutions.io/articles/lisk-inviter–a-closer-look https://github.com/sidechain-solutions/lisk-inviter
– Ldice (dice game) created by : thepool.io (karek) http://126.96.36.199/ https://firstname.lastname@example.org/ldice-proof-of-concept-a610dff1dcaf https://github.com/thepool-io/ldice
– Lisk.Bike created by : (lcu) https://medium.com/@GimlyBlockchain/da2b22f9b20c https://github.com/liskcenterutrecht/lisk.bike/projects
– Lisk Transport created by Lightcurve
– Global Data Chain – by Korben3 – GDC is a decentralized PoC build with the Lisk SDK. It can be used for storing various measurements. For example: Global temperatures, radioactivity and noise Client demo: http://188.8.131.52/ and Github: https://github.com/Korben3/Global-Data-Chain
Source: Tschakki on Discord
According to LiskMonitor, a relevant amount of LSK came out from the voting system. Forging delegates lost an average of 50-80,000 LSK, with the most significant losses addressed to crodam, lwyrup, blackswan, stellardynamic, zy1349, philhelmuth and joel (between 290-440k LSK lost). The most voted delegates are 4miners.net, tonyt908, endro, moosty, lightcurve (the delegate is no more active!), lemii, korben3 (+100-250k LSK).
Lisk Magazine is a project supported by Lisk Italian Group and EliteX.
Support our work, vote for Lisk Magazine.