Anticipating Lisk.js 2021 Conference
It has become the Lisk ecosystem flagship event, with the potential of attracting some of the brightest minds in the sphere of blockchain technology and the broader decentralised ledger community. Lisk.js conference officially commences on the 21st of May to end on the 22nd. But an event is only as crucial to the participants based on the value they get from it. In that respect, what should participants (both online and offline) expect from this edition of the Lisk.js conference?
Moreso, in anticipation of the Lisk.js 2021 event, Lisk Foundation and its in-house researchers, has been churning out Lisk Improvement Proposals (LIP) with each expanding on their predecessor LIP. And already, a high-level overview of Lisk’s Interoperability Solution is within the public domain. Max Kordek and several other Lisk researchers will be shedding more light on the proposed solution in Lisk.js. In fact, according to Max, this year’s Lisk.js event was extended to two days so Lisk stakeholders can have enough time to discuss the robust interoperability solution and how everyone can leverage or improve upon it. Blockchain interoperability is such a vital part of the Lisk protocol roadmap, representing the last of four phases the team has been working on since the beginning of the year. Lisk.js conference should be a culmination of the progress so far.
Another thing that should interest attendees in this year’s event is Lisk ecosystem Grant, which the Foundation will be shedding more light on. Judging by the questions from many participants in Lisk’s monthly AMA, Lisk Foundation is determined to step up its game. Lisk Foundation announces that it invests a portion of its held assets with BlockFi for interest generation purposes in its recent monthly financial update. The proceeds will be used in an LSK buyback campaign and to finance the Lisk Grant program partially.
Lisk.js 2021 Agenda
For this year’s event, at least four speakers are confirmed. These include Lisk’s CEO and Co-Founder, Max Kordek; Lisk’s Head of Research, Jan Hacksfield; and Lisk’s Lead Backend Developers, Shusetsu Toda and Manu Nelamane Siddalingegowda. Agenda for the two-day event is as follows:
May 21st (Day one)
- A keynote speech from Max Kordek, CEO and Co-Founder of Lisk, highlighting the main updates and announcements, as well as showcasing the next steps for Lisk in 2021 and beyond.
- An introduction to Lisk’s bespoke interoperability solution from Jan Hackfeld, Head of Research, followed by explanations about cross-chain certification, cross-chain messages, and the lifecycle of a sidechain.
- An overview of the next steps for Lisk’s research and development.
May 22nd (Day two)
- A deep dive into Lisk’s interoperability solution.
- A first look at how to develop an interoperable blockchain application within the Lisk ecosystem.
- Everything developers need to know about the added interoperability features of the LSK token and new NFT modules.
- A look at the range of community-built blockchain applications on Lisk and their experience developing with the Lisk SDK.
According to Max Kordek,
Lisk.js marks the first time the Lisk community will learn the details of Lisk’s interoperability solution. Blockchain interoperability is the answer to the wider adoption of blockchain technology and decentralized finance, and we at Lisk believe that our interoperability solution will pave the way for new innovations and breakthroughs in the space. At Lisk.js, developers will learn how to build applications that connect with the entire Lisk ecosystem, ensuring a level playing field for all.
Since 2016 after Lisk’s creation, the ecosystem is now looking ready to take on more challenges in its bid to making blockchain technology accessible to everyone. Lisk.js event should help add more steam to the unstoppable movement. Ensure you register to attend for free.
If you have never made a transaction from your LSK wallet, initialise your account!