How to Vote for Delegates after Consensus Change
- The voting of all delegates has been reset after the Mainnet hard fork. After the one-week period starting from the network hard fork, the new DPoS consensus algorithm will become fully active.
- There is a set of 101 active delegates + 2 new slots are randomly assigned to 2 standby delegates.
- You can vote for up to 10 delegates. Your total voting weight would be divided across selected delegates (you can individually adjust the weight). You can only vote in multiples of 10 LSK.
- The delegate weight must contain at least 10% of self-votes. The waiting time for delegates unvoting for themselves is 30 days.
- When LSK holders cast their votes, the voting weight is locked. They can unvote delegates anytime, but they have to wait for 2000 blocks, roughly 5 hours and 40 minutes, before getting access to the tokens.
- A punished delegate will be stopped from forging for 90 days. Its self-votes will be locked for 90 days and all of its voters’ votes will be locked for 30 days.
List of delegates is available via Liskscan by Moosty, Lisk Observer and Lisk Vote by Carbonara.
This calculator, developed by LiskMagazine and Dakk, simulates your returns with currently available information.
It’s possible to track votes received by delegates here.
Be sure to use Lisk Wallet v2.0.0.
After signing in using your seed, click on “Delegates”. The wallet shows you Delegates overview and Forging details.
Below, you can filter by name and vote for your preferred delegates. Use the resources provided above to select delegates. Then, click on “Add to vote”, write the voting amount allocated to each delegate.
When delegate selection is completed, click in the header “Voting Queue” icon and broadcast the transaction.
If you use a multisig account (with second passphrase), please follow these steps:
1. Log in with your first passphrase
2. Allocate the votes to delegates
3. Click “Voting Queue” icon
4. Click “Continue” and then click “Download” (download a JSON file)
5. Sign out
6. Log in with your second passphrase
7. Click “sign multisignature” in left menu and click “read from JSON file”
8. Upload the JSON you just downloaded
9. Click “Review and sign” and in the next step “Sign”
10. Send it
- Active delegate (for a given round): a delegate selected to forge a block and receive block rewards in this round.
- Vote weight: the amount of support given by a vote. You can choose the vote weight of each vote you cast.
- Delegate weight: the weight of the delegate in the selection mechanism. A delegate with high weight is more likely to forge a block than a delegate with low weight.
- Standby delegate: a delegate not active in a given round. They can be selected to forge proportionally to their delegate weight.
Lisk Magazine joins the new consensus sharing 60% of forged rewards.
Support our work, vote for Lisk Magazine.